Many aspiring candidates seeking admission to second year BE are asking about the details of admission for second year in engineering colleges. For such of those students, I am giving below the previous year's advertisement, which could be used as a model.
Applications are invited from Diploma Holders in Engineering / Technology and B.Sc Graduates for Admission to Second Year B.E, B.Tech Degree Courses during 2008 - 09 under Lateral Entry Scheme in Government / Govt. Aided Engineering Colleges and for seats surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges, Anna University, Chennai and Bharathidasan Institute of Technology, Trichy.
Programs Offered: Second Year B.E, B.Tech
Important Dates to Remember:
Issue of Application Forms for Diploma / B.Sc Candidates: 22.05.2008
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms (Diploma / B.Sc Candidates): 10.06.2008
Last Date for Receipt of completed Application Forms - Diploma Candidates: 10.06.2008 / 05:00 PM
Last Date for Receipt of completed Application Forms - B.Sc Candidates: 27.06.2008 / 05:00 PM
In Person / By Post: Rs.100/- (General) and Free of Cost for SC/ST candidates
In Person / By Post: Rs.200/- (General) and Free of Cost for SC/ST candidates (to be encosed along with filled in Application)
Mode of Payment (DD):
Demand Draft in favour of "The Secretary, Second Year Engineering Admissions - 2008, ACCET, Karaikudi" payable at Karaikudi from any Nationalised bank. The name and address of the candidate should be written in the reverse of the demand draft.
* In Person: Application forms can be had on payment of DD from the following Engineering / Polytechnic Colleges:
1. Central Polytechnic College, Chennai - 600 113
2. Government Polytechnic College, Purasawalkam, Chennai - 600 012
3. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore - 641 013
4. Coimbatore Institute of Technology - 641 014
5. Muthiah Polytechnic College, Annamalai Nagar
6. Dharmapuri District Co-Op Sugar Mills Polytechnic College, Palacode
7. Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode
8. Bhathavatsalam Polytechnic College, Kancheepuram - 631 552
9. Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil - 629 004
10. M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur
11. Government College of Engineering, Bargur - 635 104
12. Tamil Nadu Polytechnic College, Madurai - 625 011
13. Valivalam Desikar Polytechnic College, Nagapattinam
14. Govt. Polytechnic College, Ooty - 643 002
15. Govt. Polytechnic College, Aranthangi
16. Govt. College of Engineering, Salem - 636 011
17. Alagappa Chettiar College of Engg. and Tech., Karikudi - 630 004
18. Periyar Centenary Polytechnic College, Vallam
19. Govt. Polytechnic College, Thoothukudi
20. S.K.P. Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai
21. Govt. College of Engineering, Tirunelveli - 627 007
22. Govt. Polytechnic College, Tiruchirappalli - 620 022
23. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore - 632 002
24. Elumalai Polytechnic College, Villupuram
25. V.S.V.N. Polytechnic College, Virudhunagar - 626 001
* By Post: A self-addressed envelope of size 35" X 26" stamped to the value of Rs.50/- along with DD should be sent with a requisition letter from "The Secretary, Second Year Engineering Admissions - 2008, Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi - 630 004".
Diploma Candidates: A pass with minimum eligibility marks in the Diploma Course of the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu or Equivalent Diploma Courses prescribed for the B.E, B.Tech Degree Courses.
B.Sc. Candidates: A pass with minimum eligibility marks in any recognized Bachelors Degree in Science of minimum 3 years of durations with 10+2+3 pattern with Mathematics as one of the subjects at the Degree level.
The completed application forms along with DD for Registraion Fee (except SC/ST candidates) should reach "The Secretary, Second Year Engineering Admissions - 2008, Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi - 630 004" on or before 10.06.2008 (for Diploma Candidates) and 27.06.2008 (for B.Sc Candidates).
This type of advertisement will be issued by the Directorate of Technical Education, normally during this month, and students can get such information from leading news papers and through this website.
So, candidates seeking admission direct to second year engineering can wait for few days to proceed further.
(FOR THIS YEAR NOTIFICATION VISIT THIS SITE - MORE CURRENT INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE NOW)